Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My girls are 2

My princesitas, Eliana and Esther,

I have to say that as your birthday is here today, I'm not sure how I feel. On the one side, I'm excited that we can finally celebrate your special day. But on the other side, there is little significance of this particular day for me. I also don't want to admit that you're 2. I want you to grow and learn, but I want you to stay little. What does make this day special is that you two are here with us and we can celebrate together. You are FINALLY home!!!

On this day, December 15, 2008 your biological mother, gave birth to you after 37 weeks of carrying you two around. As active as you are now, I'm sure you were pretty active in her womb too! I'm glad that she was able to "hang on" for 37 weeks so you two would have the healthiest start possible! She gave you life and loved you both enough to know that she couldn't provide the kind of home that you needed. I'm thankful for your biological mother and her sacrifice to allow us to know you and to mold you into the image of Christ. I'm thankful that God decided from the beginning of time that we would be blessed to give you the kind of home that your biological mother wanted for you.

For me, our special day is October 25, 2010, the day you finally came home!!! You are both extra special and in this brief time, I have seen you grow and learn new things. I love hearing you talk to us in either Spanish or English! I love hearing you talk to each other in your special twin language. Eliana, you love to watch and know how things work or why things stay together or come apart. There isn't a mystery you won't try to solve. Esther you love adventure with boundaries and security. You'd try anything once.

I pray that as this birthday passes into another and another that we will look back on these past months and realize how much you've grown and what a blessing you both are to our family.
Happy Birthday my dear babies, who really aren't babies anymore. Grow strong and healthy!
I love you!!
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, girls! What a difference a few months makes! May this new year of life be one of great blessing and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your sweet princesses. God be praise for their lives and bringing them to you!

    ReplyDelete