Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Lost Documents

So, it's not just in Chile that documents get lost. They do in the US too!! YUP! We had our appointment with the adoption lawyer yesterday and realistically we could have our 2 "new" kids in the house by my birthday October 15th, BUT they NEED our marriage certificate!!!

I called the other day to find out where the consulate of Philadelphia was with this and they told me that they had drop shipped our documents and payment to the consulate in NY. I then called NY and ONLY because I had followed up they realized after over a week that the documents were drop shipped to FedEx, but that they never arrived in NY. SO, now where are we? They are still looking and they realize their error. The Chilean consulate is doing everything they can and I think heads are rolling at FedEx.

For now the lady that I spoke to in Phili may be able to help me with the scans that I have sent her via e-mail of copies of the certificate and the apostile. These are originals that we had from when we went to Costa Rica. Since they've seen and held the other originals, they may make a HUGE exception and legalize the e-mail scans and then mail me the legalization. Then when the legalization gets here, I'll attach it to the originals that I have.

PLEASE pray!!! This is not out of the hands of GOD! He knows exactly where our documents are! Pray for patience for us and that we can still adopt these two precious ones that are awaiting us in an orphanage.

No comments:

Post a Comment